This is part 6 (of 31) in a series of blogs about some of the proposed changes to the Rules of Golf, planning to take effect January 1st 2019.
6. LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS.
The Rules about loose impediments get slightly changed from the Rules we have now.
As a starting point you will be allowed without penalty to remove loose impediments everywhere on the golf course (with two exceptions). In contrast to what is allowed today, you will be allowed to remove loose impediments from a bunker (picture) or a water hazard, even if the ball lies in the same bunker or water hazard!
If the ball moves, when removing a loose impediment, the ball must be replaced, and you incur a one stroke penalty, unless the ball lay on the Putting Green. This is roughly the same Rules astoday (presupposing the new local rule made possible as of January 1st 2017 is in effect – read about it in this blog).
It is clarified in the new rules, that loose impediments, that are moved in accordance with the Rules of Golf, do not have to be replaced afterwards (this question is not addressed in the current Rules of Golf).
OVERVIEW: 31 blogs about the proposal to new 2019-Rules of Golf.
- Part 1: Intro: From 34 to 24 Rules.
- Part 2: No Decisionsbook in 2019!
- Part 3: Main changes.
- Part 4: Present Rules books in effect one more year.
- Part 5: Generel changes.
- Part 6: Loose impediments.
- Part 7: Obstructions.
- Part 8: Abnormal course conditions.
- Part 9: Ball unplayable.
- Part 10. Dropping.
- Part 11: Wrong Putting Green.
- Part 12: The Putting Green.
- Part 13. Bunkers.
- Part 14: Ball embedded in own pitch mark.
- Part 15: Substitute ball.
- Part 16: The Flagstick.
- Part 17: Water hazards.
- Part 18: Provisional ball.
- Part 19: New playing form: Maximum score.
- Part 20: Outside agency.
- Part 21: The Teeing Ground.
- Part 22: The ball.
- Part 23: Turf-holes.
- Part 24: Striking the ball more than once.
- Part 25: Clubs.
- Part 26: Playing from an illegal tee.
- Part 27: Calling you marker etc.
- Part 28: Ball on the Putting Green moves after being replaced.
- Part 29: New integrity rule.
- Part 30: Penalty for breach of code of conduct.
- Part 31: Recommendations to pace of play.
Remember also to subscribe to my newsletter about the Rules of Golf: